I love chocolates they are actually my mood busters, one can find it in my fridge for any time. I know that sounds funny and kiddish but that’s the way it goes. Basically, I believe that it’s a big Indian myth that by eating chocolates your tooth will decay. Tooth decay is caused by not taking oral hygiene seriously. Actually eating or drinking chocolate is good for health in a lot of ways. Like,
- They can lower the LDL (low-density lipoprotein) which is also known as bad cholesterol.
- Studies have suggested that consuming 100 grams of chocolate can reduce the possibilities of heart diseases and strokes.
- Drinking two cups of hot chocolate daily can improve your memory as they improve the supply blood to many areas of the brain. This was concluded after a study done on Alzheimer patients.
So with many such benefits, a little chocolate intake seems ok. Now coming to me, I wanted something in desserts that included chocolates and while being connected to a recipe swap group in Facebook, I got a swap with https://joshicooks.com and I picked up this delicious barfi recipe to try for. It actually turned out to be yummy that my and my husband actually finished it within 2 days.
Here is the detailed Recipe below:
Serves: 16- 18 pieces
Time: 1.5 hours (including the cooling time)
- Sprinkles to Garnish
Method to make chocolate Barfi:
- Take the ingredients (milk powder, condensed milk, nuts, milk, saffron, cardamon, and nutmeg) in a microwave mixing bowl and mix it well.
- Now place the bowl in the microwave and cook it on full power for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Repeat the above step for 4 – 5 times until it cooks. While cooking it keep an eye on the microwave or else you will end up spilling the mixture in the microwave. (actually, it has happened to me so alerting you)
- Next step will be greasing the tray or dish in which you will keep the barfi to set.
- After greasing pour the cooked mixture in the try, level it evenly from all edges and allow it to set for 30 minutes.
- By the time the mixture is getting cool in the try. Take the milk chocolate and microwave it for 30 – 45 seconds. (you can also use a double boiler to melt the chocolate on a gas stove)
- Once the chocolate melts, pour it over the cool barfi and have a smooth layer.
- Add sprinkles of your choice over and let it sit for 30 more minutes.
- Lastly cut the chocolate barfi into pieces and serve.
Aditi Koranne is a freelance content writer and founder of www.celebratingessence.com. She is passionate for writing on subjects like, Management, health, gardening, travel, recipes and many more. Also holds a hand of dexterity in delivering many commercial write-ups for various digital marketing agencies. She has completed her M.B.A in HR and Marketing and then joined a reputed HR Firm as a Recruiter to begin her career.
Being a spoken English and personality development trainer it was her privilege to train many students of various age groups. She believes that a woman can always overcome the obstacles and achieve her dreams. “Because every woman can” is her life’s mantra. Being a mother, a housewife she has found her career alternative without taking any break and now she is happily nurturing her baby along with her dreams.